Friday, February 5, 2010

I TOUCHED YOU

We often think
And then do things
But sometimes
We do things
And then think
Oreke my friend
I went back in time
To those days
In our sleepy village
To think upon
My youthful actions.

I never asked you
But frequently
I touched you
In wily ways
I touched your hair
And rubbed your arms
Smartly and quickly.
With words
I was a wimp
But at your waist
My brave hands nibbled
At the stream
While on your head
You tried to balance your pot
I even stole kisses
And in the dark
I felt at your bosom
In pretended attempts
To touch your supple cheeks

It was not love
But youthful lust
So
I neither loved you
Nor sought your consent
Yet I touched you.
The years indeed
May have rolled by
But I still offer
My heartfelt apologies
For I was wrong
To have touched you.

No comments:

Post a Comment